It's May 9th, first day of EskoWorld 2017 with more than 500 Esko users in attendance!
Esko's President, Udo Panenka, opened with an overview of Esko's Vision. Esko has been with Danaher for more then 6 years as part of the growing Product Identification Group. During this time X-rite, Pantone, VideoJet and Laetus have joined this group and soon AVT will too. The group's key focus is servicing the Packaging Value Chain:
concept ⇒ design ⇒ package design ⇒ printing ⇒ retail and distribution
Esko's main directive is focusing on the "consumer experience". Asking Brand Owners what really matters to them, it could be narrowed down to 3 key points: Growth, Compliance and Cost. While these are not really new or surprising to hear, Udo stressed the focus of this EskoWorld is to identify current and new solutions that specifically address these pain points.
- Better Packaging - more attractive, targeted
- Consistent Quality - across packaging sources, more variations and faster
- Omni-Channel Consumer Experience - users experience with packaging across different media
Studies showing that the Printing Industry lags behind other manufacturing industries in defined management processes, affirms Esko's vision to Simplify Packaging
will help arm our industry to improve and grow. Udo's take of must-see's for EskoWorld 2017:
- Esko Platform for Brands - managing packing in an omni-channel environment
- Studio & Keyshot - exciting photo-realistic packaging shots
- Pre-confirgured WebCenter & Automation Engine - best simplified label workflow
As with previous years, this EskoWorld includes 2.5 days of over 75 sessions touching on product roadmaps, focused product and solution presentations, hands-on labs, and Esko's software interaction room with partner table tops. Topics will address digital flexo, commercial print, digital finishing, packaging, structural design, 3D design and brand management. If you were not able to attend this year's event, consider making it a priority for EskoWorld 2018.
Looked for additional posts to follow sharing more insights from EskoWorld 2017.