True Grip Die Sealer DS-3125 is a clear, solvent-based, general purpose adhesive that forms a tough, flexible bond to many substrates. This product is especially effective on flexible vinyl substrates.
Designed To Bond:
- PVC film sheet and foam
- Acrylic, polyurethane, ABS and other thermoplastics
- Many thermoset plastics, such as DAP, epoxy, and phenolics
- Wood, leather, fabric, felt and composition materials
- Nitrile, Polychloroprene, crepe rubber and other elastomers
- Brush or roll coat viscosity
- Highly resistant to oils, fuels and water
- Resistant to plasticizer migration from vinyl films
- Good early strength with high ultimate strength
- May be cured with an isocyanate such at M6566 for higher temperature resistance
- Retains flexibility at low temperatures
- Pre-coated parts can be heat and solvent reactivated
- Shelf life 1 year when stored blow 80°F in unopened containers
Typical Properties:(Specification values available upon request.)
|Viscosity:||4200 cps-RVF Brookfield, #3 spindle @ 10 RPM|
|Temperature Range:||-20°F to 150°F|
Method Of Application:
Stir thoroughly until product is a consistent color before using. Apply one coat of adhesive by brush or roll coat onto each surface to be bonded. Porous materials, such as fabric, foam or wood may require two coats of adhesive. Join the surfaces when the adhesive is tacky to the touch but does not transfer to the finger. Use sufficient pressure to ensure good contact. Bonds can be made in 1 to 5 minutes, depending on ambient conditions and substrate coating weight. If the adhesive becomes too dry, it may be reactivated with a cloth dampened with acetone or MEK. Join surfaces immediately after reactivation. Parts may be coated with adhesive well in advance of assembly operations. Fully dried coated parts will not bond to each other until reactivated by heat, or a solvent such as acetone or MEK. A temperature of 135°F to 1 55°F is required for heat reactivation. For temperature resistance to 200°F, mix 8 parts of S5213 with one part of M6566.
Cleaner And Thinner:
Acetone or MEK
This product is extremely flammable. Vapors may form an explosive mixture with air. Precautions should be taken to keep product away from fire, sparks, motors and other sources of heat or flame. Turn off or deactivate any electrical equipment or sources of ignition. Adequate ventilation is required to keep vapor concentration below the Threshold Limit value.
- For professional or industrial use only.
- Read the container label and the Material Safety Data Sheet carefully before use.
- Keep away from children.
- Keep container closed when not in use.
- This product contains toxic chemicals subject to the reporting requirements of Section 313 of the Emergency Planning and community Right-to-Know Act of 1986 and 40 CFR 372.
When discarded, this material is hazardous waste. Do not reuse container or remove label. Safely dispose of container and contents in accordance with applicable Federal State and Local regulations.
This product was formerly called "BLAM!" True Grip is the same product, renamed.